KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Charles grose
My son has a rollplay Chevy Silverado. I've converted to 24v setup and fried the aftermarket motors I installed. I know everyone will say 18v is the max recommended power. I'm just curious if there is a motor that will handle the 24v that I can swap in before I downgrade to 18v setup. Thanks
By Nicholas
I'm new to the whole pw modding, but I haven't ran across a 550 motor that was meant for 24v. My kids peg rzr 900 has mltoys performance motors with 18v, fan, heat sinks are on order, 40a thermal fuse. This thing will rock and roll now. You have to run to keep up. Not sure if it will hold up to the test of time, but I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with results. The main gear will take a beating from the sudden stop of the motors from that speed. My daughter just broke hers today. There is a mod you can do that allows the toy to coast to a stop instead of slide. Its also available at mltoys. Hope the customer service is good. I haven't had trouble yet.
By Hammer-fm
Try to find a lower RPM (higher turn) motor than stock if you're going to run 24V -- it won't run as hot (nor as fast) , but at 24V you'd get performance similar to what you'd get if you ran the stock one at 18V. If you believe the specs on this ebay motor, it would be a good fit -- 22k RPM @ 24V -- unfortunately the specs are incomplete (like most of the aftermarket motors...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-6V-24V-12V-High-Speed-Power-RS-550-Drill-Electric-Tools-Screwdriver-DC-Motor-/191930807571?hash=item2caff7b513:g:cwIAAOSw3YNXbfTx

I'm assuming the stock motor in the Rollplay cars is similar to the Power Wheels ones -- 12V = ~15-16k RPM, typically running a 28-33T "550" motor.

The best option if it work is to get a larger (775- or 755-series) motor. I don't know anything about the Rollplay gearboxes or mounting, so not sure it's possible.
By earthscience8
Working on using 36 volt DeWalt hammer drill motors, in a 36 volt system. The DeWalt 18 and 36 volt motors have replaceable brushes. BUT the don't simply fit the gear box. A template will need to be made to make sure the pinions are correctly seated on the gear box or it will whine, grind, and bind. Has anyone tried this? Can't seem to find a tread? Or a brushes option that could be used. This company makes 24 volt brushes 28 mm. Not sure big it will fit.
HELLO!

THANK YOU FOR THE ADD! LOOKING TO BE ABLE TO ASK A[…]

Unibody Jeep Front End Sag

I did this on my Hurricane. I used a fairly long M[…]

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course