KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
New member, maybe on wrong forum. Trying to get my kids late 80's Jeep PW going again now for my granddaughter. Replaced the twin 6 volt batteries and forward and reverse seem to be working fine. But when the high/low rocker switch is set to HIGH it has no power at all. This model has two rocker switches on the dash. One for forward/reverse and one for high/low. Is the switch the most likely problem? Any idea where to find a replacement? Any help appreciated. Thanks. - jeff
Welcome to the forum! Your in the right place!
Is the high speed lockout jumper connected on the back of the speed switch. Should be a male and a female connector on short pieces of wire on the back side of the speed switch. Those need to be connected together for high speed to function.
Could very well be the switch has failed. Any chance you have a meter to check the switch with? Mark the plug orientation prior to removal from switch to ensure the plug get re-connected properly. Remove/disconnect switch from harness plug. Test switch with an ohm meter (or multi-meter set to ohms). Back of switch will have six terminals/blades (two sets of three terminals). Connect one test lead of your meter to center terminal and other test lead to outer terminal. Toggle switch back and for and make sure you have continuity (0-.2ohm) between center terminal and outer terminal when switch is in closed position. The switch should open and close as you toggle it back and forth. Repeat this for both sets of terminals. It does not matter which color meter lead you place on either switch terminal. Ohm test does not require test lead polarity. A failed switch will not read continuity when toggled to the closed position.
AMAV Power Rider 9539 parts?

I picked up one of them off kijiji. It was a littl[…]

Power wheel moves on its own

Well I have a brake relay for the brake pedal ,is […]

Hello All

Hey I am John From Utah here for insights and hel[…]

Hi guys I'm Ben

Hey I'm new here. Just got a used dune racer cheap[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course