KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By irish_alley
i got my boy a 24v Polaris 4 wheeler a year or so ago. i only hooked 12v up to it and it was fine, till just today i hooked 24v up to it (2x12V batteries is series) and after about 10 minutes of having fun driving around the yard it starts grinding. found out which motor it was and took it apart and found one of the gears was stripped. i have a couple 12v motors from other Perego john deere that i could swap but i know i can hook the 24V up to. but anyway what are my options to fix the 24v motor?

also i will be searching just not sure if ill find the info i need

numbers on the motor are
3h2024 32
Last edited by irish_alley on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By irish_alley
just a little update, i took the motor from the john deere. the output drive wasa yellow compared to my white one on the 24v. took them both apart and found the first input gear to be missing a few teeth in the small side of the polaris. the one in the john deere also has 10 teeth on the motor and the gear looked about the same. was able to swap them and the kid is back to having fun.

so now to set it up so its not a straight 24V with the press of the pedal and not a straight loss of power when he releases the pedal

Toycrusher..... Yeah, I agree. I purchased the qu[…]

Newbie to mods for power wheels

By the way it’s a Kawasaki quad, forgot to add tha[…]

Broke steering column.

IMG_0693 (1).JPG weld Point where handlebars conn[…]

Corevette Motor

so much info on this site, but I can't keep it all[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course