KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Grahn
Hello!

A little introduction... I have a couple of these ride ons now. A 6v f150, we got for free, and a Safety 1st C5R in yellow. We blew up one of the motors on the F150 @ 18v. It was awesome, maniacal fun for about 2 months. Did nothing other then wire up extra batteries. Picked up the C5R for $30 and wired up the 18v (thanks for the diagrams!) into that. It's big, and heavy and not nearly as fast or fun. SO.... Instead of going full out 24v, I am going to upgrade the motors in the vette and swap the vette motors into the f150. I ordered the Mabuchi 775s off ebay, I'll wire one in reverse rotation (?) and away we go... except what pinion to use? On both of them, the f150 and the C5R. I've dug around the forums and there are so many options I am unsure of which is reliable. I don't want to shred gear boxes. I also don't go live axle and scooter motor. We use the plastic tires with no traction enhancers on pavement. Grand Prix style, with 3 kids in a quiet cul-de-sac is quite fun.

Which pinions? Ideas? I'm not afraid to modify or adapt anything. My background is in aerospace wiring and automotive racing/fabrication.

Thanks in advance!

Gary

-Also! I am considering both the turbo timer and drill switch/pedal add ons for both.

Again, read some of the other post about improveme[…]

Pines

rps20170816_230236.jpg rps20170816_230456.jpg

New Corvette C7 Z06

Marvelous! That looks sick in white.

Rocks in Wheels

Yes I do. I even heard of a rock that can act. :D

HobbyMasters