KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Ccasper921
I have a John Deere gator 12v and its stock but was wondering what were some improvements that I can do to help it out speedwise and make it more off road capable thanks never tried anything like this so need as much help as I can
By dlgg7
Again, read some of the other post about improvements that can be done and what the adverse effects would be. I've myself cut-down wheelbarrow tires taking the sidewalls off with a razor blade knife and stretched the tread over the back wheel then pop riveted each side 4-5inches apart. The kids run it 800ft down the paved driveway to the rode and backup several times a day, plus run it around here at the house, makes for some jogging to keep up going down, and then a long walk back up after making them switch driving drivers at the bottom! Getting ready to add soft-start just to prolong the gearbox, but has lasted all summer so far. I've measured the battery box and then put in the largest SLA battery I could fit, I think this one is 15ah battery, last several days between charges. If you didn't have to put much into it buying it, I'd upgrade the gearbox and motor w/MLtoys stage gearbox w/steel pinion and first gear w/matched motors for abt $125. for more speed and longevity, although it does say about still using original plastic tires. That's why I'm going to the soft-start.
16AH, 4s lipo 2.5 lbs $99

If you go the LiPo route, make sure you use one of[…]

It won't be trivial if you're not sure, but if you[…]

NATV is Not an ATV

I got the Power Wheels bug this year and am now up[…]

Nice -- that's some impressive speed, and it sound[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course