KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By FordF150Charleston
I have the older model of the for f-150, the one-seater aka super 6. I hooked up my 12v with 2x 6v batteries, making it a total of 24v and 30 seconds later one motor was dead. After spending the day on this forum this shouldn't have been a surprise :) In hindsight, the 24v is a bit too fast, and 12v should be enough (famous last words).

I've read about the motor options and I'm stuck in this area, hence I seek some advice. I'm leaning towards the Duratrax 550 from robotmarketplace.com. One downfall is that I can't go up to 18v if I decide to later on. It also seems to come without a pinion gear on it (some pictures have it and some dont), and I can't find information which pinion gear I should have for the f-150 super 6.

What type of pinion gears do I need, can anyone advise me on this? Also, I'd love to hear other recommendations for different motors.

Thank you!
By twisterdude1009
The tooth count of the pinon is how many "teeth" your current pinon (the metal gear on the motor shaft) has. If you count it yes a marker to mark each tooth so you dont lose count. Once you have the teeth count you then measure the diameter of the gear and divide the tooth count by the diameter to come up with the pitch.
I may be wrong in this, lets have an expert concur my answer.
I too was gonna use the duratrax motors but salvage some traxxas 775 for the jeep to run at 12 volts with an 18 volt turbo and they work great
Need wiring help

Note that diagram shows the accelerator as a poten[…]

Motion Trendz Buzz Lightyear Car

So has anyone found a good place to find these gea[…]

Dune racer build up help

You can go with the Banebots with either tooth opt[…]

Exploding Controllers

I would double-check the battery/wiring polarity -[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course