KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By joemoto311
JD gator older style
Kawasaki ninja older sytle

Both vehicles are originally 12V....bumper up to 24. I knew I was modding them so I wasn't worried about burning up the stock stuff. Now I am lost about which way to go. I was hoping to just buy the newer 7Rs 21Ts and 775s but now that I have them both ripped apart, 1 is 3B pentagon and the other is the cross one. How to I upgrade these gearboxes and keep the same wheels for now? I have searched everywhere and I do not understand outside of buying new wheels which I dont want to do right now. I just want to get the ninja working good so I can lift the JD and make that his "monster truck" like daddys. Hes 3 almost 4 but has been driving PWs good for well over a year. Like good enough where he trys and ramps the gator off my vehicle ramps.....thanks for the help. Ive tried the search for wheel drivers/final drivers/ect. I do not know how to get the faster ratio stronger gearbox while maintaining the same wheel setup
Attachments
21762838_10156725239608065_4863962307566742421_o.jpg
22007607_10156726400768065_4036535081806854579_n.jpg
By joemoto311
and yes his hair is blowing backwards, flags back because hes got that pegged...and hes drifting.... he was gettin it lol That look on his face and the enjoyment is unbearable
By wired
I think the peg gator could be upgraded by swapping motors (peg offers upgrade kits). Peg also has 12v and 24v rides. You may want to look into keeping same brand products in your rides for ease of modification. The wheel/hub driver on the quad should accept the 21t gearbox. worse case scenario is you would need to fab up a driver. Some people have used drivers from other rides or used pvcparts to do this. Keep poking around the site. Others have modded wheels to accept different gearbox/wheel combinations. I know navigating the site is frustrating but you tend to learn a little as you search. Even if it's off topic. :)
By joemoto311
Thanks....the quad does accept the 21T but Im very curious about the size of the axle. I do want the faster gearing. I also want to stick with the same gearbox platforms between all of the rides so I only have to stock 1 type of parts...also it seems to be a lot easier(and cheaper) to go the PW gearbox direction. I also just bought practically brand new motors from MLtoys 775 on ebay with the gear(like 40 bucks) so Im pretty stoked about that.

I have found google is much better at searching on this site. I use the images often. I do really appreciate the response
By lexx0116
joemoto311 wrote:Thanks....the quad does accept the 21T but Im very curious about the size of the axle.

What kind of axle do you have? Solid one or hollow one? My dune racer has hollow 3/4" axle so 19T or 22T gearbox will need to drill out the axle hole to bigger diameter to fit mine.
Dune racer build up help

So I installed the eastcoast power up and love eve[…]

Circuit breaker popping

Thinking what I'd do now, have you wired a meter t[…]

Sorry so delayed! What are you looking for in ter[…]

Selling Jeep Hurricane 24 volt

Hey Ernie I see the listing was removed. Is it sti[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course