KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By JHehman
All,

I'm new to the group so take it easy on me if I'm not in the correct place or following protocol. I've been messing around with my son Gator and hoping for some help. I've replaced the motors a few times and I was hoping to get away from this. I saw somewhere on here about using 14V 550's on 12V would make them bulletproof ( I can't find the thread)... Anyways, I bought some offline but when I run them he goes 10ft before the thermal fuse blows. I'm guessing b/c it's 14V, rather than 12V, it's pulling more amps. Did I waste my money on the 14V motors? He had an older one and I pumped the thermal fuse and he fried the switches / board. I don' t really care about more speed since he has a 4 wheeler that he ride for speed, I was more going to power and not blowing through motors.

thanks in advance for your help.
-Jason
By twisterdude1009
It doesnt matter what the voltage of the motor is rated for (14 volts) if you kept the battery stock then it will get 12 volts. It might be drawing a higher amp draw and you should switch over to a 40 amp fuse or breaker.
New here but not to the car scene

Hey guys! We have some ride on cars and one Merce[…]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A82A3RK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp[…]

French people ??

Is there some french people here ? I have a lot o[…]

Blown fuse in high gear

I have a 24v monster jam grave digger with the mlt[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course