KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By vercon1982
Hello! My name is Andres.
I live in Spain and MPW is not very extended here. my daughters own a JEEP LAND POWER with two 12v rs550 engines.
I would like to replace the two engines with more powerful ones.
When they climb a hill the car almost stops and I have to be pushing.
I would not mind changing the installation at higher voltage.
Thank you
jeep-electrico-para-ninos-land-power-de-puestos_iZ47452958XvZgrandeXpZ1XfZ97397291-92235498211-5XsZ97397291xIM.jpg
jeep-electrico-para-ninos-land-power-de-puestos_iZ47452958XvZgrandeXpZ1XfZ97397291-92235498211-5XsZ97397291xIM.jpg (91.88 KiB) Viewed 476 times

By Hammer-fm
Hi Andres,

Based on the description I found here (https://cars4kids.nl/elektrische-kinder ... dbediening), it looks like this has a remote control. Cars with remotes will also have a circuit board to control the power and typically aren't tolerant of higher voltages. You could potentially replace the motors you have with torquier ones but they'll likely either be slower or they'll draw higher current; the latter may also damage the circuit board :( .

You could replace the circuit board with a set of relays controlled by the foot pedal and/or forward/reverse switch, depending on how the vehicle is wired. This would remove the remote-control capability but your daughters are probably old enough they don't need that anymore. If you use relays to switch the power to the motors then you can probably upgrade to 18V, and it would also give you more options for motors. You'd also get better results with larger motors (775-series) but without seeing the gearbox I can't say how much work it would be to adapt them.
By vercon1982
thanks for the answer Hammer-fm.
could put at the output of the controller board 12v relays to give way to 18v connected to the motors. I do not know if I explained myself well.
esquema.jpg
esquema.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Would you have an electrical diagram of the installation by relays that you tell me?
By dlgg7
vercon, look in the battery/electrical section, there's numerous wiring diagrams at the beginning by looking at the moderators picks. Also read in the general tab for the FAQ's, I doubt you'll ask something that hasn't already been answered already, (I keep learning!). Hammer has quite a large collection of different wiring diagrams, you'll find it!
Fall Fun..

The boys have cooled a bit on the power wheels, bu[…]

Very cool! How far do the side rails (mounted to[…]

Peg Perego Gator

First time posting, so I hope I'm doing this right[…]

Help. 6 volt not enough.

Ebay has them. HF3FF/012-1ZST, I bought 2. Will […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course