KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By cbaur88
Hi Folks, I saw a very similar post but my situation is a little different so I created a new thread. I have a Batman Dune Racer DMT54-9963 model. Only one wheel spins when in hi, low, or reverse. Initially it would not go in reverse but I've since taken apart the gear shift and disconnected and reconnected the terminals and that seemed to have corrected the reverse issue. However only one wheel is still spinning. If there are any suggestions on how to correct this it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much in advance for your time and help!

By Jahkneefive
You need to rule out causes. In this case the likely cause is the shifter, they tend to get corroded up and your reverse system and fix points to this being likely.

1. Really inspect and clean the terminal connectors on both sides. They tend to get gunked up. After plug it back together and see if it fixed the issue. If still no 2 wheel go to #2.

2. Bypass the shifter and put 12v straight to the suspected dead motor. If it spins then its the shifter, which is cheap and easy. You can either clean the connectors/terminals and see if that fixes it, or just spend ~$15 and replace the shifter assembly(you may still need to clean& fix the body side harness connector). If it doesnt spin(no noise) then you have a dead motor. Also fairly cheap, but more involved to replaced.

2B. Last, if you hear the motor, but the wheel doesn't spin then the gearbox is stripped. Also not too expensive, but again a bit more work to swap.
By cbaur88
Thank you so much for the reply! When I get a little free time I will check into all of this. I will lookup where exactly the motor is and how to get to it. Thanks again!
Fall Fun..

The boys have cooled a bit on the power wheels, bu[…]

Very cool! How far do the side rails (mounted to[…]

Peg Perego Gator

First time posting, so I hope I'm doing this right[…]

Help. 6 volt not enough.

Ebay has them. HF3FF/012-1ZST, I bought 2. Will […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course