KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By briank
Hi,

I just bought a second-hand Audi R8 for my son. It is a single motor 6v model from Rollplay and does not drive well on grass.

I want to add a second gearbox/motor and to check that a new one would match, I opened up the cover on the existing motor.

The motor has a circuit board attached to the top with "MOTOR-01B" printed on it.

I have looked at various pictures on this site and elsewhere and cannot see a similar set up. Does anyone know if this is the stock Rollplay motor (then I could just buy a second gearbox/motor from them without any issue)?
20180522_222123.jpg
20180522_222123.jpg (615.18 KiB) Viewed 425 times
20180522_222143.jpg
20180522_222143.jpg (599.57 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Thanks

By wired
It looks like a small suppressor circuit. It's common to find capacitors and magnets with a copper coil around them on the terminals of small brushed motors. I see no reason why adding a second motor/gearbox would be a problem( even if the new motor does not have the same circuit attached). It will make a world of difference when riding off pavement. Good reads:
https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J15/9
http://www.stefanv.com/rcstuff/qf200005.html
By briank
Thanks, this is the first BPRO I have owned so still on a learning curve to understand all the details, those links are interesting.

My concern is that if I buy a second gearbox/motor and this has a different RPM rating that it may impact the way the car drives?
By wired
Yes, you should have matching motors/gearboxes in relation to rpm, torque etc... . The small circuit board on the motor is however irrelevant.
Kawasaki Red Brute Force - Wiring

For the tip switches, there are two momentary pu[…]

Front Wheel Cut Off Sensor

I heard Seastork talking about this the other da[…]

Brute Force wiring harness

Those are microswitches that kill power through […]

Kawasaki Brute Force; No reverse

What you just said, is kinda normal. Reverse and[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course