KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Frozen Goat
Hi,

I've created a mowbot that utilizes the 24VDC M1HA/B motors out of a Jet 3 Ultra mobility chair. The mowbot is used to cut my steep ditches which means I'm constantly steering to counteract gravity pulling the mowbot down into the ditch. As a result after an hour or so of usage the motors get pretty hot. I'm looking to find some heat sinks for them but they are approximately 80mm in diameter and I'm unsure if they make them that big.

Any suggestions?
Attachments
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG (1.67 MiB) Viewed 883 times

By wired
So propulsion and steering are controlled by the two rear wheel drive motors? Would adding a servo steering system to the front wheels be an option? If heat sinks are the way you want to go, any extruded aluminum or plate aluminum (fins) you could bond to the motor housing would help dissipate heat. Use thermal paste at the metal to metal contact points and then epoxy the aluminum in place. Small cooling fans might also help. They are super cheap. Installing a divider between gas motor/exhaust and your electric motors could also help keep the heat down.

Just food for thought. Cool mower.
By Frozen Goat
Hi Wired. Thanks. Yes it's using "tank" drive. I want to avoid putting any additional electrical components on the mower as I want to preserve battery capacity for the motors. As it is now, with all of the steering I will drain the 2 deep cycle batteries down enough so by the time I'm finished cutting my roughly 300' of ditch the batteries are drained enough that I have a hard time counteracting the pull of the slope. Adding servos for steering or cooling fans is just going to diminish the drive time. I can adhere aluminum strips to the motors but I was hoping there was a manufactured item I could use rather than additional fabrication.

So one of the motors burned out on my kids Viper. […]

I have a Power Wheels Duner racer. I upgraded it t[…]

introduction

Hello everyone just getting into this new hobby an[…]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course