KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
The gears sound like they are slipping, nothing is broken, I took apart and inspected/re greased everything. Anyone experience this or have any suggestions on what else to check?

Dune racer 24v with 2 traxxas titan 775's

Hey you know what I’m having the same problem. Except that I keep stripping the last gear which is the drive gear on the ESC 24 V system The hub is fine. I also have the same 775 titten motor as soon as I put the brand new gear in my son break a few teeth off of it but the passenger side is fine really hate to keep buying more and more gears. Would you guys think it may just be that the 775 Motorsport have way to much torque? Sorry for the run on sentences
Since you've upgraded to 775 motors -- are you using a spacer around the snout of the motor (like the stock one have) to ensure they're held in place by more than just the screws? I discussed this here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21263&p=149333#p146948

Mltoys sells one specifically for the Traxxis -- I don't know what the hub dimension is on those. If they have the smaller style (typically 15mm) then the 1/2" PVC pipe won't work. If it's larger, like the Banebots and Nichibo 7013Fs I have, then the PVC pipe can be drilled out to work well. I've also taken the rings off the stock 550 motors and drilled those out to fit the larger motors.

Having that ensures that any force on the motor (from it pushing on the gear) gets transmitted into the gearbox at the stronger mold point where the stock motor's ring pushes. WIthout it you're just held in place by the screws and although they're a tight fit in the stock box, the original design didn't put the force there. I don't know how much that flexes (plus it's further from the actual gear interface.
Hammer-fm wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:21 am Since you've upgraded to 775 motors -- are you using a spacer around the snout of the motor (like the stock one have) to ensure they're held in place by more than just the screws? I discussed this here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21263&p=149333#p146948

Mltoys sells one specifically for the Traxxis -- I don't know what the hub dimension is on those. If they have the smaller style (typically 15mm) then the 1/2" PVC pipe won't work. If it's larger, like the Banebots and Nichibo 7013Fs I have, then the PVC pipe can be drilled out to work well. I've also taken the rings off the stock 550 motors and drilled those out to fit the larger motors.

Having that ensures that any force on the motor (from it pushing on the gear) gets transmitted into the gearbox at the stronger mold point where the stock motor's ring pushes. WIthout it you're just held in place by the screws and although they're a tight fit in the stock box, the original design didn't put the force there. I don't know how much that flexes (plus it's further from the actual gear interface.
I do have that spacer from ML Toys. I will check the pinion again I guess. I'm stumped on this one...

Have been looking for one for a while, and finally[…]

Hi All, I am new here and just starting the proce[…]

I have the following parts: 3800-7809 - Battery […]

Reviving 1990's Savanna Cabrio

I looking website for shopping online Lazada disc[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course