KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By interex
Hello, I'm new here, and after reading over many of the threads I figured I'd just try and ask my question to see what options are best.

My son does some power wheel derby/racing during the summer. He has an older Jeep Wrangler with the #7 gear boxes, and I've been looking at buying a few #7R gearboxes to replace them, as well as using 775 motors with an ESC at 24v.

We've been running the stock 550 motors at 24v this year but we've been smoking them pretty quickly in the 7 or so minutes each event lasts.

So I'm curious about which gears to run. I've read if you're on the road and wanting speed, get gears/box that have a higher pinion tooth count, such as 22, and if you want more torque get a gearbox with a pinion tooth count that's lower, such as 16, and maybe 19.

So I'm curious which route to go for the best of both worlds, the most speed, but the best torque, when it comes to which 775 motor to run and which gearbox ratio. We have another event coming up in 2 weeks and I'm trying to get this upgraded by then. Thanks!

ive also been trying to find pieces for this littl[…]

Our 18v Conversion is the simplest speed upgrade w[…]

Hi guys, I have replaced motors and bought new bat[…]

A. 1 bone stock Gaucho Rock in complete with worki[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course