KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Biggjimm
I've been reading a lot about the motors in these ride on's & to be honest with you, my brain is about mush from trying to absorb all this info!
I think we finally fried one of the stock motors in the hummer yesterday.
Can anyone recommend motors to replace my stock ones with?
We're running it on 18v & while a little speed & torque increase would be welcome, I'm just looking to not lose any speed & have a reliable 18v setup for now.

I'm looking into a gearbox swap for the future & I'll get into better performing motors at that time.

Does anyone know approx what rpm these motors turn at? I see motors rated at as high as 35,000-40,000 rpm's & if the stock setup is 15,000 rpm's then I know those higher ones are going to cause other issues in you try to run them.

I've got a spare set of new motors that came with the new gearboxes I bought 5 or 6 yrs ago when we first got this hummer but they run on 18v about the same speed as the original motors did on 12v??? So that's not going to work for my granddaughter.

Just looking for a reliable 18v setup that is not slower than the factory motors to get us by for a while until I figure out a gearbox swap.
Thanks. Jim.

Looking for information on this seemingly early mo[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Just took it off and it is broken. Where can I fin[…]

Peg Perego axle diameter

I’m looking to do some custom work on my peg[…]

The first is a 6V mcqueen. The second is a 12V mc[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course