KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By bricklayer99
I took a pair of theseDeWalt Part # 393111-01
Voltage 18vdc (can be overvolted)
RPM 20,000 ungeared
Output gear 16 Teeth, nonstandard pitch
Gearbox BPDGFGD18
Weight 18.8oz (1.175lb)
Length 78mm (3.07")
Diameter 46mm (1.8")
Output pinion 16 tooth gear
Shaft 5mm dia x 7mm
Armature Resistance: 0.072 Ohms
Stall Current: 250 Amps
Torque Constant: 1.2 ozf-in/Amp
Stall Torque: 300 ozf-in
Angular-velocity Constant 1100 RPM/v
No-load Current: 2.6 Amps
Peak Power: 1.5 HP
Peak Effeciency: 81%
And boltd to these viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3575

By bricklayer99
Bolted on a 15t 32p pinion
I had to drill and tap the motor end to match the spacing of the gb
Attachments
IMAG0308.jpg
It took a little fabbing to fit
IMAG0308.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
By TerryInLeesburg
What are they going into?

Nice fab job
By taz11
Nice...Those specs are very close to the BaneBots motors....might have a touch more pull.

What watt controller are you using?

EDIT..... :o :shock: ... I just found a online conversion ...The Banebots motors that I am using stall at a little over 1200 mn-m. These are sick!....... Acorrding to your specs they should stall at 2116 mn-m! :shock: :shock:

:lol: :P :o :? :shock: :D :lol: :P TWITCH :? :P :o TWITCH TWITCH :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

You might need a bigger controller....or a boost button. There is a converter on the scooter site in the FAQs that helps you figure out required watts.

Cant wait!
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bricklayer99
2 controllers?? one per gb? They are servicable with replacable brushes and end bushings :D
Last edited by bricklayer99 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
I know the Banebots motors together with the stock 550 in the front require 1100 something to get the full potential out of them. Thats why I went to 2 controllers. Recently I found a 1000 watt 24 volt controller. (after I bought my stuff....figures) I think it was at Monster Scooter parts....not sure.

Where did you get those....and what did you pay?
By bricklayer99
A good friend works at a tool repair shop, he threw new bushings and brushes in and i got em for 20. They can be bought new here http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... MCQQJr1HnQ

but they are EXPENSIVE!
I ordered 4 lbd-14 last time I got stuff from tnc so I can throw 2 at it to see how it does.
Id love to buy a kelly controller
http://kellycontroller.com/kds24050e50a ... -p-72.html

But its too rich for my wallet
Last edited by bricklayer99 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
I'd start out with the single one you have. Those motors may be so powerful that they do more than the job at about 25% of rated output. You'd never hurt a motor that way.
By CMJ
I bet these would work great in a Gaucho. Can't wait to see your results.
By bricklayer99
quote:
I'd start out with the single one you have. Those motors may be so powerful that they do more than the job at about 25% of rated output. You'd never hurt a motor that way.

def. i dont wanna have to buy one new. i'll have the power, hopefully i can find the balance between good traction and making in your words a "gearbox blender" :)
Last edited by bricklayer99 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By wired
"gearbox blender".......I like that one. It's not an insult, It's a goal.
By taz11
"gearbox blender"....Thats when you end up with inside parts on the outside and outside parts on the inside. Back in my racing days it was known as "oil pan failure"......That's when the oil pain fails to contain the "inside parts" LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
By kickingrass
Those things are awesome torque monsters!!! I love the "oil pan failure" :lol:
Now if somebody can figure out the pitch for the gaucho pinions......
Zoom Zoom
By taz11
kickingrass wrote:Those things are awesome torque monsters!!! I love the "oil pan failure" :lol:
Now if somebody can figure out the pitch for the gaucho pinions......
Zoom Zoom

32p I think......99% sure.
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
By bricklayer99
Big time success tonight. Got it all bolted up and wired in. The brute force was a hill climbing machine. We had two kids on it and one in a wagon behind, I felt the motors after ten minutes of hard riding and they were barely warm. Top speed is down but worrying about stalling out is gone. It was def an improvement
By taz11
....Now we just have to find some of those at surplus store.......cheap :D :lol:

How did the controller do?
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By wired
Now to hunt for used drills on the cheap. :P You see it all the time. Just like PW. Giving it away because the battery has gone bad and it's cheaper to buy a new drill with a new battery sometimes. :mrgreen:
Last edited by wired on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
By bricklayer99
One controller is gonna be just fine. Its at the point i'm nervous about the gb being able to hold up. the monster traction tires are the most grip i want this thing to have. I didn't put the fan back on yet so i could get to both motors( I cut a huge hole in the top of the module) and i could put my hand on the motors right after they got done riding and it wasn't even luke warm. we had two kids on it, pulling a wagon with a kid in it and it didn't even slow down
By taz11
YEAH BUDDY! MUH-HAHAHAHA! Ain't torque a beautiful thing?!
By bricklayer99
I did find the part number for the motor cross references to black and Decker 18v drill motors also. I would imagine that those would draw a much lower resale price used, and I doubt people rush out to buy new b&d batteries when they wear out.
By bricklayer99
Here's the boy beating up on the brute force. This is the dewalt motors on the gb with the bearings running 24v esc with twist throttle. He runs it hard :D

[video][/video]
Last edited by bricklayer99 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lighter223
I wanna see it go uphill with the wagon.. and kids... I really want something with that much power... wqorking on a 4x4 raptor though...
By taz11
Nice! I think you may have come up with a "reliable" 24 volt set up. Keep us posted on the durability.
By wired
Check out the mabuchi part number on the motor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT :ugeek: There has to be a vendor that sells those motors you used. We just have to find em'. Here is the replacement motors for the ones you have: http://cgi.ebay.com/DeWalt-18-Volt-18V- ... 0198426151. It has begun. :mrgreen: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dewalt-393111-01-18 ... 20bb118cf5
Last edited by wired on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
By dozer
Are you running the modded gb's in this, the ones with the bearings in the first gear.

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

So I saw on Amazon that they sell 24v gears it say[…]

Batmobile- 1992 Power Drivers

I'd try to plastic weld the cracks, pretty easy to[…]

Plasti-dip

I wouldn't recommend it. I've dipped my Hayabusa […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course