KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Dizman
I have had two motors go bad on my son's rarely used Mercedes 55g. The first was under warranty, the second will not be. It looks like cheap brushes are to blame . Looking at the ID on the motors they are made by GEE (Gold Effort Electric) they have GCR535WM-70028AKE04 MRD130625-1 on them I don't know if that makes them 700 series or not. Then again, I'm not exactly sure what the different series are or how to tell the difference in them. I do know that they do have 10 teeth and I've thought about buying Peg Perego - MOTOR (SAGI9993) to see if they will work.
Anyone have any ideas or thoughts about how I should proceed?

The offending gearbox can be found here : http://www.funcreation.net/gearboxg55.html

I just don't want to spend $40 when all I really need is a cheap brush or a more robust motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

By sea_stork
Funcreation products are pretty much a cheap Chinese ripoff. Gold Effort Electronic pertains to China's effort to get our gold though cheap electronic crap. Just sayin...

Personally, before spending that much on a GB and motor, I would mod it to use a pair of metal frame Power Wheels jeep gear boxes and motors, they seem to be the closest fit. Nah, I wouldn't bother. I don't like Hummers, or their clones...
Last edited by sea_stork on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

I concur. Prep is the key. A good adhesion promo[…]

I have a White magica , lall parts available Stil[…]

So my Kids wanted faster but not much going for Be[…]

I’ve got the old school original kid trax fi[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course