HobbyMasters
KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Cinder
Hi all I am new to the boards. I have a Jeep Hurricane that has a issue. It seems to go forward but will not go in reverse. You can hear the motor turning but the jeep does not move. I noticed that the passenger side rear wheels seems to turn freely and the driver side rear wheel will not turn without resistance. If the issue is a gear box I would like to upgrade to 16T? Is that what I have? What all do I need to get going again. Thanks in advance for all of your responses. Love the site.
By Cinder
so, this most likely being the issue, what would be the next step. I would like to go with the 16T gearbox. I dont want to have to change out the motor, just the GB. What am I looking for to make sure I order the right parts. Thanks.
By taz11
If you hear the motor running it is probably OK. The gearbox or wheel driver is probably bad. Pull off the wheel on the bad side and take a look. Also, note the color of the gear/driver that sticks out of the gearbox. Check the back side of the wheel for damage also.

You cant go to a 16t gearbox without removing the motor. You would have to change the motor or pinion gear. Both will require motor removal.
Last edited by taz11 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds like it's time for some trial and error! :[…]

The Hall-effect throttle (pedal or twist) never se[…]

We liked this one as well loved the radio ... Unfo[…]

More info please. Is this a jeep that was upgrade[…]

HobbyMasters