KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By Swervepf
Looks like someones trash is now my boy's treasure. No battery and no charger so may as well get a new beefy one in there. Hopefully the motors are OK but if not then I guess I'll have to get some new ones I've seen others here put on. Can't wait to get this Jeep running!

Looks like a model 76817. Classic!

Any tips and advice welcome!!

Last edited by Swervepf on Sat May 14, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By toycrusher
Great platform for a build!
By Swervepf
Music to my ears. My boy is turning 4 in the fall so thinking stock speed for now is plenty. So first up is a 12v aftermarket SLA battery. 9ah enough or should I go bigger? So long as it fits under the hood I guess? Chopping off the OE plugs for a simple 2 conductor bullet connector so it's easy to charge with my 12V car battery automatic charger/maintainer.
By Swervepf
Here are some pics
By Swervepf
Weird. My pics aren't here. I did upload them. Am I not allowed until I hit 10 posts or something?
By edac
Your first post was gone for the last 24 hours, now it's back. I guess it's the website upgrade. maybe in a day or so it might show up.
By Swervepf
Maybe. Tried resizing to smaller sizes and 1 pic works. Oh well.
Attachments
20160427_202705~2-240x279.jpg
20160427_202705~2-240x279.jpg (24.41 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
By Swervepf
So got to trying to test this out and see what's up with it. I used a car battery to test each motor for a few seconds. Both work!

Guess it just needs a battery or batteries. I want to run this as originally intended first. Low and high speed. After having googled a bunch I learned that high and low is switched by how the 2 6V batteries tie in- Parallel and series. So to keep this stock and get this running without wiring modifications is to just get 2 6v batteries, right?
By Suburbancharlie77
I still haven't figured out how to attach a picture, but even a newer non circuit board design where all the work is done by 2 switches would work. I've not seen a metal frame schematic, or shifter for that matter, but with the use of a relay or 2 you should be able to duplicate the more modern diagram?
By Swervepf
The wiring is all there it seems with 4 wires coming to the battery box including fuse holders. I'll have to follow these wiring diagrams to make sure everything is where it needs to be. Each of the 4 wires has been cut and reconnected with crimp connectors so need to make sure nothing's crossed.

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2236
Last edited by Swervepf on Sun May 15, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Swervepf
Scotty, I need more power!

So this is now year 2 for this jeep and my boy has grown a few pounds and this jeep is struggling on the lawn. Low speed reverse and forward won't get it moving and high speed forward is just too sluggish to be enjoyable so my son's disappointed with it now. The 2 6v batteries should be ok as they worked fine last fall and I kept them maintained over winter with a battery maintainer charger. I think I need motors?
By joetown_native
I know this post is a few weeks old but, if I recall properly that dual 6 volt system had issues and was put under recall. If that model was affected by the recall, Fisher Price will send you a new wiring harness free of charge as long as you send that harness back to them to make sure you do not use it. I had that issue and they hooked me up it didn't matter that I wasn't the original owner all they cared about was the safety of the toy. (They have to cover their asses from liability.) And that might help with your power issue.

Just a quick update: I was able to open up the gea[…]

Lightning McQueen wiring help

Yea I did take off the switches to clean them. I g[…]

Razor Jr lil crazy

I am wanting to buy my 3 year old a razor. I have […]

Offering 20% off ALL items in the web store 11/21 […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course