HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All things related to paint and body work
By bvxz0138
I just got done laying 4 coats of base paint down (Rust-Oleum 2X) and I need advice on how long I should let the paint dry before masking off to paint the windows? Since this is an old bigfoot I cannot find decals for the windows and have to paint them. I just don't want to mask off and peal up the base coat! Thanks!!
I always wait until the paint is good and hard. Obviously not tacky, but it can take a few days for the paint to cure and have adhered properly. I like the cheap dollar store brand tape to, just because it does a bad job of sticking and doesn't normally peel the paint.
Also. As a very impatient man I have also used a piece of plastic or cardboard to shield the rest of the area from over spray. Not exactly recommended, but sometimes I just don't care.
Just had this issue myself. DO NOT use the Green Frog Tape! It's amazing stuff if you are doing a car. But even after sanding, etching primer, 4 coats of paint, and two days of drying, it pulled a chuck off the front when I pulled it and I had to start over. Cheap blue tape is the way to go. Just do an over spray after you mask to keep paint from bleeding under the tape. Happy Spraying!

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

Will do. You're next in line.

Razor quad

Question about a razor quad I'm sure someone has s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course