Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electrical, Battery & Switch help
Got a discarded 12V ride on, don't know the brand, it's the Mercedes GL55 two seater. Charged battery, ran great a few days and for extended periods w.out stopping. Two weeks later, however, it will go for only 15-30 seconds or so, then stop, and need anywhere from 10-90sec before moving again.

Does this sound like a motor overheating problem, or a battery dying problem? When it comes back to life the motor pitch is as right off a full charge, i.e. doesn't sound like a waning battery. Again, this happens right off a full charge. Voltmeter showing 12.9V, and smart charger showing 100% charge.

Thx for replies...
Auto resetting circuit breaker.

Find it and replace it. They are really cheap, unless it's integrated into the battery like the factory "powerwheels" ones. It may just be weak from being old or it may be an indicator of something drawing to many amps. If that dosen't solve the problem it may be corroded connections or a motor on its way out drawing to many amps.
Thanks, found it soldered to the pos terminal. Heated it up to remove to pull part # off it - and take the pos lead directly to the post :shock: - until I can get the replacement circuit. However, the stock part is 20A, and FunCreation/NPL site only has a 10A replacement (all 7 options, none of which are for this GL55, are the same part / 10A, even the 2-seaters like the GL55). Can't find a baokezhen sk606 20A circuit (or any other identifying part # on it) on interwebz searches so will see if the 10A works.
Auto parts stores should have an auto resetting breaker/fuse that will work. If it was a 20a before a 10a will not work, It will trip more than the current 20a does.
If you cannot find an auto resetting breaker you can instal an inline fuse holder and a proper amp fuse based on wire size. It will still protect the wiring but could be a pain if it's not easily accessible for replacing when it does trip.

I have the same problem with my gator 6x4 I have […]

A motor database sticky?

Another $3 Jameco motor for people that would like[…]

You can buy the Corvette gearbox (21-23T) and use […]

24v ESC Slower than 18v stock?

So I dont need a bushing to keep the motor and pin[…]

HobbyMasters