HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
By whitewalls2012
My son has a Black Harley Davidson 12v Powerwheels. The model built after 2002. I recently came across a red one someone was planning to throw away. It is a pre 2002, it has two motors and takes two 6 volt batteries as far as I can tell. I have started disassembly to refurbish it. The plan is that I am going to paint white walls on it, and make it look more classic. My brother recently passed away in a motorcycle accident so I am modeling this Powerwheels after the real Harley my brother rode. Ive been cleaning it up coming up with my own ways of fabricating it (White walls, seat, Apperance) and decided I would really like this bike to be special so I want to make it faster then his black one. I see there is a 24v mod, and would like to do it. Any and ALL information would help, any mods or tips would help ALOT. I am totally new to this...
THANK YOU :mrgreen:
Going 24V without a kit like Eastcoastpowerup.com or similar is going to be highly destructive to the gearboxes.

A tribute bike sounds great, as far as white walls, sounds like you need to paint.

With the paint, there's some good info on here, but it's all about prep, and usually krylon is the paint I read about.
You can safely run 18v via a 6v run in series with a 12, but make sure they are same ah ratings, similar age and charge/discharge cycle count is a bonus to get the longevity of them. I've got a 12/12 under the seat with a 6v/12ah in a saddle bag.

But I have no idea what year mine are, but can say all are 12V, a few have 2 pair of switches (direction and speed) and some have only a direction switch with a thumb button for high speed.
Last edited by Suburbancharlie77 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TomB1312
The gearboxes are the weak points. 18v should be okay without changing the gear box. The second issue is traction. Even at 18v he will have trouble getting going since it's full in or full off. I recently picked up power drill from my local dump. It uses the same 550 motors that the power wheels use. The drill has a variable speed trigger which could be used as the pedal. This would let the car ease into the power an 18v provides. It's a future project I'd like to do. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Goodluck
Infanti Mini Cooper S 6V to 12V

Hey Everyone. My name is Francisco and I'm from Ar[…]

Does anyone have a working controller for replacem[…]

Hello, did anyone get this motor to work identifie[…]

SigEp, I have not heard from you if one Earnhardt […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course