M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Leoniums
Hi to your beautifull company
I am really new on this area and of course as newbie as you can imagine.
I have a 3yo child and a little one 10 months old.
Right not my big son has a 6v bike (peg perego), 6v Small car (Perego) and a 6v "cart" (chinesse)
We own a land with some trees and every Weekend we visit it for some hours.
I am thinking to buy him a big one and i have found the following.
1. Used Peg Perego Gaucho 24V for 400€ (and maybe 350€)
2. Used Peg Perego Gaucho Rock in 12v for 280€
3. New Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR 900 Camouflage for 290€

What you think is better to pick up? I am really lost on it.
On the other hand i am thinking that if i buy a used one i will have time to make some mods until i represant it to him on his birthday day.

Any help will be much much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Greetings
~Leo
By Rob222
The first generation Gaucho SuperPower 24v was the bronze/orange one. They have the big scooter motors and the better stock controller board. The tires are foam and are great but wear fast and are impossible to replace. The second-generation black version has a crappy controller board (they die) and long-wearing rubber tires. It is a little harder to steer with the big rubber tires though. The Gauchos are well made and tough but they (24v) may be a little big/fast for a 3-4 year old unless the kid is pretty big. The 12v Gauchos are perfect for that age.
By Leoniums
Thanks for those 2 replies.
I am also worried about the speed as my son is just 3 yo.
The superpower which i have found is the black one and looks like new. I was thinking this one but with the 3nd gear locked as i dont feel safe atm for his age. Can i replace the controller later if i proceed with this one?

The smaller gaucho is this https://www.car.gr/parts/photos/9252616/#null which i dont know how old it is. Probably 2 - 2 1/2 yo. To be honest me and my child (he loves jeeps hehe) prefer this one instead of the polaris ranger.

As for the Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR 900 Camouflage is totally new, with 2 years warranty and the ability to change the position of the seats (from what i read on their site).

Edit
From what i have read in here i think the polaris ranger can safely mod to 18v Correct? Just thinking for the near future.
Does this count also for the Gaucho Rock'in or this can be go up to 24?

Edit 2
What is your opinion for a PEG PEREGO JEEP RANGER 538? Cant find any info on the net.... This is one needs paint stickers etc in order to make it beautiful again but i can find it really cheap.
By Rob222
The 12v Gaucho Rockin has plastic tires and steers easily and has no real traction but is perfect for 3-4 yr olds. The Rockin has a simple on/off throttle and an auto-brake. It can be upgraded with a 24v ESC, hall-effect throttle and relays later as needed (lots of these builds on here). The black 24v Superpower is tough to steer with the big rubber tires and it has a variable throttle and manual brake. It has 24v 700 series motors but will need a controller board sooner or later. The upgrade to an aftermarket esc is not hard but involves a few new relays and some wiring.
By toycrusher
+1 on 24V Gaucho. Ultimate "jeep" powerwheels
By Leoniums
hmmmm
thanks for the replies.
At the end i picked up a
Gaucho Rockin'in (link is posted on main post) which is in great condition.
and another Gaucho Silver for only 80€. This one needs battery, turn signal light, head light lens, and one exhaust pipe. I hope i can find them as cheap as i can... and i know here in Greece wont be easy....
When i will receive them i will start the mods.
Of course one mod will be paint.
One will be painted Red with black trims and the other green with black trims.
I am also thinking to go like this --->
hmmmm
thanks for the replies.
At the end i picked up a
Gaucho Silver (link is posted on main post) which is in great condition.
and another Gaucho Silver for only 80€. This one needs battery, turn signal light, head light lens, and one exhaust pipe. I hope i can find them as cheap as i can... and i know here in Greece wont be easy....
When i will receive them i will start the mods.
Of course one mod will be paint.
One will be painted Red with black trims and the other green with black trims.
I am also thinking to go like this --->
[img][img]https://gr.pinterest.com/pin/132011832804459201/[/img][/img]
Of course lights will be the next step
I hope i will not regret my choice.
Do you know if mechanics parts will accept a 12v battery? Or do i need more replaces?

Thanks again guys.
By Leoniums
Sorry my bad...
i was reading so many threads and at the end i wasnt looking what i was typing.
I wanted to say if the mechanic parts of that Rockin and Silver edition Gauchos can accept without any modification a 18v battery or even bigger.
I am trying to figure out what a 24v ESC is but i am still lost.
At the end i am trying to understand what i have to done in order to upgrade the speed on those gauchos

MHO, this particular setup isn't likely a good fit[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

Hammer! Wow.... Great info... Thank you Reading […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course