KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
I have a Peg Gaucho Grande that has been wired for 18v with a relay, 10 gauge wiring, stock 775 motors, terminal block for wiring connections.

When I activate the relay with the motors not hooked up I get 20v at the motor side power connection on the terminal block. When I hook up the motors the power shows up as zero (0) and the motors, of course, do not work. I have run power directly to the motors and they work fine.

I checked the power at the 12v/6v combo and it shows 20v.

The relay set up seems to work fine as when it is activated there is power coming out of the 'motor' side of the relay wiring.

I admit I am a novice wiring guy and I am stumped!! Any thoughts??? Thank you!

By CJB
It's hard to trouble shoot someone's wiring from afar so I can only speculate. Sounds like a short. :lol:

Recheck all your wires to make sure they go where they should. Verify you didn't mix up your motor wires and such.

A diagram that you used would be helpful to show as well.
By CJB
ahh yes. The old 'trick battery' problem. :lol:

I have a big old halogen headlight I use in combination with a volt meter to test batteries. Check voltage with no load and then put the headlight load on it and see how much it drops. Shouldn't be more than a volt or two for a decent battery.

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

So I saw on Amazon that they sell 24v gears it say[…]

Batmobile- 1992 Power Drivers

I'd try to plastic weld the cracks, pretty easy to[…]

Plasti-dip

I wouldn't recommend it. I've dipped my Hayabusa […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course