KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
Depending on the physical space you have available, you can use either this pedal
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.p ... il&p=13559
or this one
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.p ... ail&p=8226
Those motors won't handle over 12v. On the plus side, they really are a riot at that speed!
I have a PW Dune Racer and I upgraded battery to 18v. I dont want to shred the gears as fast or burn up anything, nor am I thechinaly inclined to setup a full esc system, which I beleove I have all the stuff dor in the future maybe, so im really looking to make this idea you've posted work but as I said before I have no idea about electrical, but there's never a better time to learn than now. Can you tell me if this setup is easily possible with my power wheel.

P.s. I know this post is 2 years old but I sure hope someone will see my "cry for help/guidance"
Shambosley wrote:I have a PW Dune Racer and I upgraded battery to 18v. I dont want to shred the gears as fast or burn up anything, nor am I thechinaly inclined to setup a full esc system, which I beleove I have all the stuff dor in the future maybe, so im really looking to make this idea you've posted work but as I said before I have no idea about electrical, but there's never a better time to learn than now. Can you tell me if this setup is easily possible with my power wheel.

P.s. I know this post is 2 years old but I sure hope someone will see my "cry for help/guidance"

It will work just fine on your dune racer. However, it's about the same amount of work as a full ESC. If your budget can handle an ESC from eastcoastpowerup, I highly recommend it over any other mod.
Well as I do with anything I jump in and start buying things without noticing there is a kit with everything in it. I have a mini setup of everything layed out on a table with relays wired, brake pedal, hall-effect pedal, i have the ignition connector shorted for now so it has constant power, a spare motor wired, and I have the shifter out of the car and wired but not correctly I suppose. The brake and gas pedal work, but I'm not getting anything from the shifter, doesn't go into reverse(unless I change the pos and neg from motor to revers relay) this is the schematic I followed. Plus I have a hard time seeing how only 2 wires going into the shifter can provide hi/low/reverse. Sorry took so long to reply, ive been just experimenting with it myself(although I have no idea what I'm doing, even though ive researched all that ipossibly can) I just dont understand this stuff and im in too deep to go back now.

I'm super glad you answered my call, i began to think no1 was on this forum anymore and I know I'm far behind but when this stuff was coming out I didnt have a kid lol
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (41.05 KiB) Viewed 97 times
Last edited by Shambosley on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rob222
Does the fwd/rev relay click when you move the shifter to rev ?
If not your wiring problem is in the shifter to relay coil wiring.
If the relay clicks but the motors do not change direction the problem is in the relay contact wiring to the motors.

Can you make a temporary jumper and get the fwd/rev relay to open and close and see if the motors change direction.
That would confirm the relay contact part of the wiring to the motors is ok.

The diagram shows two switches in the shifter because that shifter originally had two fwd speeds (slow/fast) and rev.
For your use you will only use one of the switches (fwd/rev switch). Power is wired to the switch (normally open contact) and when the switch closes it just powers the fwd/rev relay coil.
Rob222 wrote:Does the fwd/rev relay click when you move the shifter to rev ?
If not your wiring problem is in the shifter to relay coil wiring.
If the relay clicks but the motors do not change direction the problem is in the relay contact wiring to the motors.

I think your right about it being the wiring in the shifter to the relay coil becuase nothing clicks when I move the shifter. Can you explain How the indicator connector is wired, does one wire go in to shifter and one go into 7 of brake relay and 8 of reverse relay? That's where I got the most confused is on the indicator connector?

I have no idea which male connectors on the shifter to wire the relay and the brake too I was just guessing until both relays clicked when I press the brake haha...
Thank you guys for the help. It was exactly where I was confused, the neg from the indicator connector to 7 of relay 1(brake) and to 8 if relay 2(reverse) and the pos tied into one of the brake wires. Now the reverse relay clicks when I switch shifter from reverse to forward and the motor changes directions. Brake cuts power to motor in either direction. I think ive got it, keep,in mind I have this all layed out on a desk(not in the car itself haha..) Questions while I have you guys here, since the controller takes 20.4v(according to Wesley) too send power, that means you can't run 18v with this setup if you wanted to? What is the diagram for with 3 relays, does that give you hi/low/reverse? And I skipped the 100ohm resister between the indicator and brake/shifter. I have a few extra 1ohm resistors, should I throw them in there wired in series or leave it without any? I have no accessories, not even an on/off switch, just have the lock connector closed with a wire out then back in. Any suggestions about any thing?

Thanks again for all the help. I had no idea what I was doing and now I kind of understand how it all works, much love!
So I bought a yk31c conroller just to try it out and I can't get the throttle to work. Wires on controller are red, black, and blue. Wires on hall-effect pedal is red, black, and white. I matched up red and red, black and black, and blue and white. Youd figure that's how it should be wires but Its not sending power to motors. Any ideas?
Am I too late?

I got a used Jeep Wrangler for the littlest one. […]

I would love a diagram for that as well! im search[…]

Reverse switch question

Yes you would have to push a button and hold it wh[…]

Great you have the determination to take this on. […]

HobbyMasters