HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Jimviv
After upgrading the motors and batteries in my son's PW Jeep Wrangler, he was crusing with my niece. Her 4 year old mind thought to drop the Jeep in reverse and tore up the first gear. Replacing it was not a big deal, but since I'm still dealing with plastic gears, has anyone ever thought of a reverse lockout? I'm looking for a way to stop the shifter from going in reverse as easily as juat pushing down. I don't want to permanently leave it in foward, I'd like it to be functional but not so easy to switch.
By CJB
I had an idea once upon a time of making a 'watchdog' circuit to prevent shifting into reverse while in forward motion but the re-wiring that would be required to make it work was more than I wanted to deal with.

A mechanical version of this wouldn't be too hard I suppose. Even an electro-mechanical device... A plunger type thing that is extended while there is voltage on the motors, blocking the shifter from reverse but retracts when there is no voltage on the motors.... something like that. I know there is a name for it... can't think of it.
By HurricaneExtreme
I'm also trying to find some information on this, my son is almost 4 and he has a stage 4 kit in his hurricane, I just added a braking system but I want to lock out reverse so he can't throw it in R under full speed
By CJB
solenoid... that's what I was thinking of.

Find a solenoid of the proper size that extends with voltage and retracts without. Mount it in the shifter box to block shifting into reverse while the throttle is down.

I don't know if such a thing exists, but it'd be neat to see someone do it. :lol:
By CJB
On another thought, I'm 99% confident I can use a Turbo Timer board to solve this issue with some new software. It already knows if it's moving and in which direction. With some tweaks I can make it open and close a relay that's in series with one of the two little 'flip-flop' wires on the F/R switch, only allowing contact to be made for reverse when there is no throttle on.

I'll look into that
By HurricaneExtreme
I have figured this out on the Jeep Hurricane, on the Fwd Reverse plug (relay) youll see two jumpers red and black, because the reverse is (reversed polarity) to go in reverse, which means the switch sends power to the motor on the negative or black wire thats the key. ... cut the black jumper wire and install a switch inline, does not effect fwd... just when shifter is put into reverse youll need to push in the button to override reverse.... as long as my son doesnt figure out how to throw it in reverse and push the button at the same time ... it should work!

Hi Folks, Just wanted to see if anyone has the sp[…]

New here, need help

Page 4 of the electrical section has a post titled[…]

Rocks in Wheels

I think 6772owner has, is there a way to get his a[…]

Pines

Value?

HobbyMasters