KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Rshep
Hey guys I have a Rastar Bentley Continental GT Speed Comvertible for my son that now only goes in reverse. It has a shifter in it that has 2 forward speeds, a neutral, and a reverse. The reverse still works but when it is in either forward gear you can hear the motor trying to turn but they don’t spin strong enough to move the car anymore. I’ve searched through the forum but can’t find another one specific to this car. Any ideas?

EDIT: I saw in a bunch of threads that cleaning the switches can help this issue but I honestly don’t know if the switch comes out, I tried but started to break the plastic so I stopped.
By lexx0116
Rshep wrote:Hey guys I have a Rastar Bentley Continental GT Speed Comvertible for my son that now only goes in reverse. It has a shifter in it that has 2 forward speeds, a neutral, and a reverse. The reverse still works but when it is in either forward gear you can hear the motor trying to turn but they don’t spin strong enough to move the car anymore. I’ve searched through the forum but can’t find another one specific to this car. Any ideas?

EDIT: I saw in a bunch of threads that cleaning the switches can help this issue but I honestly don’t know if the switch comes out, I tried but started to break the plastic so I stopped.

Maybe the motor wires got lose? Possibly the shifter need clean up or need replace. I have a jeep hurricane that does similar thing. Opened up the motor cover, wires are intact. Opened the shifter up and check the switches inside, forward speeds and reverse all work. Closed the shifter cover and try again - reverse only so it sounds like a shifter problem.
I am on a low income and I'm trying to fix my boys bike and the bike has only been rolled 5 times and it has been sitting but I have been charging it all the time so the battery doesn't go dead but now it only wants to go in reverse and it makes a loud grinding noise when trying to go forward please can you help me thank you
I am on a low income and I'm trying to fix my boys bike and the bike has only been rolled 5 times and it has been sitting but I have been charging it all the time so the battery doesn't go dead but now it only wants to go in reverse and it makes a loud grinding noise when trying to go forward please can you help me thank you

Hello all! New to this...upgraded to lithium 4s (1[…]

16AH, 4s lipo 2.5 lbs $99

Wow Hobbyking price is great! Second....yes the al[…]

$50.01! :lol: J/K I think Toycrusher was jokingl[…]

Awesome. Thanks for the chart, that's helpful. Yes[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course