KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By Mosi3r
Last year I bought my son the mossy oak edition kid trax dodge. Today his truck stopped moving. If you pushed it, sometimes it would move. I started tearing into it some tonight and found reverse or low aren't working but high was. Only the driver side wheel spun in high. I swapped the gearbox plugs then in high the driver side wheel spin backwards. Took the battery out and used it for a jumper, the driver side gearbox spun the passenger side didn't engage at all. Took the gearbox apart all the gears look fine. Is it just the motor fried? I've been searching the web and cant find replacement upgraded parts for this kid traxs truck, is there anywhere that has them. I plan to add more power so I'd prefer better motors or gearboxes all together.
By jburson
I know this is a super old post but check the wiring on the motors, as sticks and such can pull the wires from the motors. On these trucks one motor does hi/Low and reverse, and the other motor only does high forward.
By SullySr
I bought my son the mossy oak edition about 2 years ago.. the other day, suddenly the reverse and low gear do not work. It sat for a couple days on the charger and they both worked for a minute or 2 after taking it off of the charger, then stopped. Same thing that happened to him. I have checked all the wiring and everything looks fine. Only high gear works and only the drivers side spins. I did the same as him, swapped the motor connectors, and again, only the drivers side works and only in high gear, spinning backwards. I was thinking the passenger motor was bad, but as i said, it works after it has sat, but only for a VERY short duration. Any help on how to get it working again would be very helpful as this is my sons favorite toy, especially after recently figuring out that removing the screw behind the shifter gives it a high gear.
By Fire23phoenix
I have the same issue as alot of people it seems. Dodge 3500 dually only has high gear, no low or reverse. Anybody know the answer to this issue? Just recently went to use it and I turn the key and get nothing, no lights, sounds or anything. Battery when tested is reading 13.2 volts. Anybody know how to fix this by chance? Thanks
By Jjhnsn71
Have the same problem with my grandsons truck. No reverse and driver side tire spinning in hi gear. Going to try to fix it. Would like any input anyone has on repairs.
Thanks.

My 6.5 year old daughter has a need for speed, and[…]

Where to find batteries

I like to take computer UPS's and use the batterie[…]

I’m trying to find headlights for this Jeep. They[…]

Most of the ESCs should have current limiting buil[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course