HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
By Carnau
I just got my daughter a little dune racer (it is used) and I bought a new battery and fully painted, cleaned it ect...
It's really slow... Even for a 5 year old... I can walk and beat it.

Is it best to upgrade it to 24 volts?

Or is there a motor where I can get 20 or 30% more?

Thanks in advance.
By dlgg7
Have you checked the wiring going to the motors to make sure your getting full voltage on the high speed, 12v to each motor? I've got 2, and they were used also, so the shifter sits flat on the floor and I had to replace both switches in the shifters due to water getting to them. Test for the voltage getting to each motor with the speed at low, should be half of your battery voltage, and in high should be all of your battery voltage to each side. I have to jog to stay with mine!
By wired
The "lil' dune racers" are 6v and only go about 2.5mph. The motors can't handle 24v (well not for long) ;) . If you have the 12v dune racer make sure the lockout screw is removed from the shifter so it can go into high (about 5mph). If you have the 12v version and need more speed I recommend going up to 18v with the stock electrical.
By lexx0116
wired wrote:The "lil' dune racers" are 6v and only go about 2.5mph. The motors can't handle 24v (well not for long) ;) . If you have the 12v dune racer make sure the lockout screw is removed from the shifter so it can go into high (about 5mph). If you have the 12v version and need more speed I recommend going up to 18v with the stock electrical.

Here is the picture of the locked screw location (shifter area) that wired was talking about:

Capture.JPG
By wired
Thanks Lexx, Pictures always help :)
Way to start the year out with some teamwork!

Did you figure out why you where blowing motors? […]

I don't own any PEGs so I can't give you a ready a[…]

Solar Panels?

If i have a 12V/20W solar panel with a 9.5Ah 12V P[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course