KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Have you added running lights? Headlamps? Perhaps some spinners?
By Jkilmurray
Hello everyone. New to the forum and am getting ready to do some upgrades to the kids brute force. I am planning on bumping up to 18v first with three 6v batteries. But I’d really like to get a custom light kit made for it too. I’ve looked at the ml kits but it’s not really what I’m wanting. I want the round lights to put in the headlights and possibly smaller yellow to put in the marker light lenses on the sides of the headlights. I would also like to get one of the taillights for an atv from eBay to use out back. I know the brake light part won’t work, I just like the size and shape. And I know I would need some sort of voltage regulator to get it down to 12v from 18v. Does anyone around here still do custom light kits? From the posts I’ve read it seems like Bruce and wired did years ago but can’t find anything current. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys
By wired
If I had a brute force to work with for fitment I would make a kit for you. Honestly, if you don't mind waiting for items to ship from the far east (about 30days), you can source everything through Ebay for very little money. You can search for days just looking at what's available.
Also, you won't need a voltage regulator. Most pre-made LED lights are made to run at either 12v or can run in a range of voltages. Depending on the light, you could either run at 18v or just tap off of two of your 6v batteries to provide a 12v source. If you need any help just ask.

I have plenty of excess lights from buying in bulk so if you find a specific light (or led strip) you want, just post the link to it and I'll see if I have them. Switches, fuses, terminal blocks etc.....I have more than I will ever truly use.
By M.L.Toys
The MLToys Light Kit gives you the option of a Voltage Reduction Module to drop the lighting power back to the needed 12v. It has plenty of open ports so you can add any other 12v led light that you come across.
By Jkilmurray
wired wrote:If I had a brute force to work with for fitment I would make a kit for you. Honestly, if you don't mind waiting for items to ship from the far east (about 30days), you can source everything through Ebay for very little money. You can search for days just looking at what's available.
Also, you won't need a voltage regulator. Most pre-made LED lights are made to run at either 12v or can run in a range of voltages. Depending on the light, you could either run at 18v or just tap off of two of your 6v batteries to provide a 12v source. If you need any help just ask.

I have plenty of excess lights from buying in bulk so if you find a specific light (or led strip) you want, just post the link to it and I'll see if I have them. Switches, fuses, terminal blocks etc.....I have more than I will ever truly use.

What would you need for fitment? I could tear apart the brute force and send you any pics or measurements you would like. I looked at the oznium site last night and think I figured out that the 16mm White should work in the headlights and the 6mm amber should work in the marker lights. The only other thing would be picking out a tail light on eBay but that would be easy. Let me know if you would be interested.
Thanks
By wired
If you can splice wiring and install terminal connections it sounds like all you need is parts. Google "eagle eye LED" and see if those would work. I would need to know what space you have available (width and depth mainly) to match a light that would fit. The LED post lights (or bolt lights) have a threaded housing and require a little bit of room behind the mount surface. Check them out and you will see what I'm talking about.
If you can complete the terminations I probably have all the parts.
Ebay will be cheaper (free shipping). I have never heard anyone complain about ozniums quality.

I was checking these lights out (multiple color choices and strobe options). Might work for the rear light: https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-6LED-1 ... 1438.l2649
By Jkilmurray
I’ll tear into it this evening after work. I need to pull the headlights right? So they can mount from behind the lenses?
By Jkilmurray
I read that one last night. And like you said, it doesn’t show anything about front lights, just how he wired them. I found another thread last night that showed someone putting leds into the headlight, but I can’t find it now of course.
By wired
Best bet is to take your own measurements and go from there. Lights are a fun project.
By Jkilmurray
The housing is about 2.5” diameter with about 1.75” depth with the lens cover on. The marker light is about .75” diameter with about 1” depth to lens.
By wired
If you have the room in the front those lights are ideal. I have the eagle eye/ bolt lights in most colors. I also have large and small white ones. I have some red side marker lights for trailers that would work for the rear of your quad. Keep searching on amazon. There are other tail lights for a little less. Search for "amber eagle eye" also.

Make sure you have room behind the light housings for the bolt lights to stick through.

Video showing lights installed for reference:
By wired
You said you are going to be running three 6v batteries in series to get 18v. Just tap into two of the series 6v batteries and you will have 12v. If you are wired in series like this: -6v+.....-6v+.....-6v+, then just tap from negative from 1st battery to the positive of second battery to get your 12v. Use a voltmeter and see for yourself. The third battery doesn't affect the circuit.
"Best" Choice JEEP

I'm not familiar with the brand but the symptoms p[…]

Yes, you should have matching motors/gearboxes in […]

Dune racer build up help

Ok. So I went with new gear boxes. Titan 775s with[…]

just wanted to share this upgrade mustang 2017 sma[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course