HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By Dashrendar
So I recently came across a Peg Perego 12v Outlaw with no battery. I studied this site and the archived one hardcore seeing what I could do financially to get it running. So I got a nice 12/6v 3a Schumacher charger, and the 12v 12Ah battery setup.

After I charged it and tested the Outlaw, I realized that one or possibly both gearboxes are grinding pretty bad. So.. My main question, I am thinking of returning what I have purchased ($110.00 invested so far) and just putting that towards a new setup instead. The Outlaw seems nice, but I don't want to keep sinking money into it when I could just buy a brand new one for not much more. (Different model or type)

My son is almost 3, and I really just want something he can enjoy. His little face litup when he was riding like a boss fishtailing and sliding around. I just want him to be happy, and we are not well off financially so that is my main concern.

Suggestions?
By CJB
My 2 cents:

You now have the most expensive parts you need to buy - battery and charger. Look on craigslist or FB marketplace for someone getting rid of a functional ride cheap. Most cheap used ones I see just need a battery. Or post in the want to buy section of this forum and see if anyone can get you a deal on new outlaw gearboxes. Depending on your location, someone may have one or two they just want to get rid of.

I wouldn't return the battery (I don't think they'll let you either) or charger. You'll use them.
By Dashrendar
I was leaning towards that, but was just worried about having to possibly buy both gearboxes and then something else pop up. I live in Huntington, WV, and doing a search around me resulted in zero finds for an Outlaw (only a couple off-brand ride ons were even listed at all) I can return the battery if needed, I made sure before buying because I didn't know if that was the only issue at the time. I guess I will check around more for gearboxes, was just concerned because I only have 15 days(12 left) to return battery. Thanks for you input.
By Dashrendar
Also.. And this may be a topic for another section but I didn't want to flood the forum... Is there a way I can tell if it is the gearboxes or the motor itself? It seems to go pretty quick in 2nd so I was leaning towards the gearboxes, just another question making me worry lol
By 67camaro496
are they squealing or grinding? you may want to remove the gearboxes and open them up to check it out. if they are squealing then you probably just need to lube the gears. if the motors are trash they wouldn't work at all.

Got the kids in it after messing with the exhaust.[…]

Need some advice. Picked up dodge dually and bypas[…]

PM sent. Package is in the mail and on it's way.

Over My Head

It's going to be hard to accomplish what you want […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course