KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
Hello. I’d like to start by saying I am happier knowing that these forums are here for guys like us. So thanks to everyone w/questions and answers! Now, I have a RollPlay Mercedes Gclass that I bought for my daughter. It came as 6 volt, but I immediately changed everything to 12v. I have a new wiring harness and batteries and 2 new gear boxes on the way. I plan on upgrading the motors to traxxass motors atleast 550’s. Probably gonna use 775’s though. I honestly don’t think I’ll be going higher than 18v anytime soon. My dilemma is basically how to connect the ESC With the board currently with the car (basically factory) and which ESC I should use. I was thinking of going with a mamba x because it can handle 24v.
I do not know if it will support 2 motors however. I also have a steering gear box for the steering and I do not know if this is going to work with my new r/c remote that I’ll be using to drive the car. Is it possible to still utilize the steering gearbox with original board? Or do I need to swap that whole assembly and add servos or actuator set up? Lastly, would everything just be simpler to go w/Eastcoast power up set up and try to add R/C capabilities? Is that possible? Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thank you!!!!
Oh yeah, I also plan on adding turbo to the set up. Thanks again!!!!

My dilemma is basically how to connect the ESC With the board currently with the car (basically factory)
Let's see if we can find out what the heck you're talking about...

http://assets.rollplay.net/6v-mercedes- ... 88AVBF.pdf
http://assets.rollplay.net/6v-mercedes- ... _guide.pdf

Okay, so if you get an ESC, you're replacing that thing.
I was thinking of going with a mamba x because it can handle 24v. I do not know if it will support 2 motors however
Hard to tell without a link to it, or a spec sheet. But if yours is the one that says '8A' in the description, that's 8 amps. In other words, 8 amps * 18 volts = 144 watts, and your pair of motors are going to pull a heck of a lot more than that and let the magic smoke out. You want to be looking at something more like 3x that capacity at a bare minimum, and really closer to 6x if you don't want to smoke it with a pair of 775's.
Lastly, would everything just be simpler to go w/Eastcoast power up set up and try to add R/C capabilities?
Probably. The ECPU gives you a set of parts that are known to play nicely with each other. You also get distributor support, which sounds like it could be very, very useful to you. If you get the Easy ESC, you can set a max throttle limit and how long it takes to get there. That gives you a 24v setup that won't go too fast.

What R/C capabilities do you want to add? Remote cutoff? Throttle/brake? Full remote steering?
The 8A limit for the Mamba X is just for the BEC. The actual motor drive side limit isn't specified but is likely > 100A -- given the cost and notes like this on the product webpage:

Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:10th and 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs

(And for $155 it'd better be a very high amperage drive.)

DoubleR - that one looks is a brushless driver so not really a good fit for the motors you're talking about.

So my Kids wanted faster but not much going for Be[…]

I’ve got the old school original kid trax fi[…]

I recently upgraded my kids Dora Jeep from 6v to 1[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Best Choice Products (BCP) Jeep 24v Upgraded from […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course