HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By spotco2
Got it for my 5 year old this past Christmas (2018) to go along with his other ride on's. No issues until a couple of weeks ago when it started beeping after he drives it for under a minute and it also slows down. It stays plugged in (stored inside) unless he is riding and he does drive his cars and trucks almost daily. The battery meter shows full charge but I have not put a meter on it.

The one thing that changed right before this happened was he took a neighbor kid (large 12 year old) for a ride and it would hardly pull them. They made it about 30'-40' before the big kid got out. I am not sure if that was the day it started beeping or not. Could that have smoked the board? Where are parts available for these?

By Rob222
The stock chargers are usually not smart chargers. They do not stop charging and drop to a maintenance charge when complete so they can damage a battery if left on continuously.

The actual resting voltage, or the voltage a battery will settle to a few hours after being removed from the charger, should be about 12.7 volts for a 12v battery. It may be bit lower for older batteries. Do you have a volt meter ?

Any 12v (normally 12AH) SLA battery is ok. I buy Mighty Max batteries from Amazon because they are cheap.
By Rob222
Do not throw away your original stock battery because it looks like you will need the housing and cables for the replacement. There are videos on YouTube that show how to remove the housing and cables off of the old battery and put them onto the new one.

Even Walmat Online has a cheap replacement battery listed for $26 "ML12-12F2" (12V 12AH F2 KID TRAX RECHARGEABLE REPLACEMENT BATTERY - Mighty Max)
By spotco2
I checked it again before replacing the battery. It would charge up and hold at 12.8v without a load and only down to 11.2v with it running and rear tires off the ground and build right back up after stopping. I checked it with a load (driving with someone in it) and within 40'-50' it started beeping and battery level would drop to 7.9v and come right back over 12.5 once it stopped.

I ordered a Yuasa NP12-12 12 Volt 12 AmpH SLA battery (original was 12v 10AmpH)and swapped the wires, lid and circuit breaker over to it and put it in today. He drove it about a half hour with no issues. I also have mutiple 2 amp smart charger that I use on our batteries to keep them in check (he has 7 ride on toys). Now I have a 24v Peg Perego Polaris 800 4 wheeler that has developed the stop-n-go disease that plagues all of that vintage. New board is on the way for it so I've got to start pulling the body on it tomorrow.
Trailers

Sounds awesome! I just ordered everything to male[…]

Volts/ current regulator

Hi all, I’m new I have a lightning McQueen[…]

Peg Perego axle diameter

The axle rod is 7/16. I just replaced one with a t[…]

Just converted a Peg Perego Gator and tractor to u[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course