KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
By Direllac120
So I never had a power wheels when I was a kid, and I didn't have any kids until I met my wife over 12 years ago, the insta-family just add dad and shake.

Fast forward to the present. Our oldest son is 24 married and has given my wife and I a gorgeous granddaughter. Well it was time for me to pull out the old (1995 Monster Racing Truck, Super 6) power wheels my son had when he was young. My wife bought it for him in 1995 and he unfortunately didn't get a lot of use out of it as it was part of a recall to have the wiring replaced, needless to say the person that was supposed to upgrade the wiring never did. It has been sitting for almost 20 years now, and has seen better days because of some of the garages it was stored in.

I am in the process of giving this old girl a new lease on life for my granddaughter. She is getting a new custom paint job, I have to fabricate a hood for it since that ended up disappearing at some point, I also plan on adding some things that will really up the cool factor, but for now I am going to keep those to myself. I am looking at keeping the super 6's in it and running it at 12V, but also using a ESC for much better control over the properties of the engines, and also allow for a progressive throttle pedal. I will also be adding a RF parental kill switch (in the event that my granddaughter heads to the road, or something that she might get injured on or damage, and so that she can't run off in it from mom and dad).

I have to say that with my A.D.D. I have a bad habit of starting a project without making sure I take before pics, but I am sure that many of you can imagine what almost 20 years of dust, and storage looks like on one of these.

I can't wait to complete this project (even though I do have a while still, my granddaughter is only 5 months, which is great it gives me plenty of time for R&D) I know my son isn't going to recognize the truck, and I can only imagine how thrilled my granddaughter will be when I deliver it to her when she is old enough.
IMG_0057[1].JPG
The beginning of the transformation.
IMG_0057[1].JPG (66.59 KiB) Viewed 133 times
IMG_0058[1].JPG
IMG_0058[1].JPG (96.2 KiB) Viewed 133 times
IMG_0059[1].JPG
IMG_0059[1].JPG (94.38 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Which gear box I need ?

I have googled gearbox power wheels but only found[…]

I haven't posted in a while but wanted to give a l[…]

Volts/ current regulator

Many thanks. I had a go at this earlier today, how[…]