HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By 95MINS
Greetings! New to the site/forum... I have some questions about intermittent stalling.

I am the proud owner of a used Peg Perego Polaris Ranger RZR, 24 V. No idea on age but I'm the third owner, so... :lol:

It has new batteries and has run OK-ish for the last 24 hours (its been raining, so short stints outside between downpours).

Today, it would "stall" after a few minutes of driving. My daughter (7yo) has been hot-doggin' it in the yard on high with her sister (4yo). It eventually stops (or crawls) and after waiting 30 seconds to reset, it will spring back to life. During shutdown, you can hear a click near the motors when you press the accelerator pedal.

I've read quite a bit about this, but don't know where to start.

I'm going to keep reading on the subject, but would love some feedback. Thank you!

By 95MINS
I looked at the circuit board. It doesn't appear to have any discoloration or burns, and the pin solders look secure.

Below is the battery harness. I've read about putting in an inline fuse on the positive side but I'm not sure what that silver box is on the (-) side? The batteries are 24v (12+12) but the vehicle is designed to be 24v. Inline fuse necessary?
Battery Harness 2.jpg
Battery Harness 2.jpg (42.5 KiB) Viewed 176 times
This is the underside and shows the poly switches (yellow?) and the thermo protector. I didn't bother to pop apart the thermo protector, but it's weird that it's not shown on the 24V RZR wiring diagram (it is on the 12v)? Would swapping in new 30A fuses here help the stalling problem?
Poly Switch & Thermo Protector 2.jpg
Poly Switch & Thermo Protector 2.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 176 times
By wired
The breaker could be getting weak. If there are no other problems with the ride, you could swap the breaker for a fuse. I would start at a 30a fuse and if it blows you could increase to a 40a fuse. Do not increase above a 40a fuse.
By 95MINS
Thanks for the reply!

I ended up pulling the yellow polyswitches and replaced them with 15A fuses... Those went ok for about 15 minutes, but eventually burned out. I stepped up to 20 & 25A fuses (I didn't have two 20s, LOL), and they seem to be holding ok.

Will continue to test and will post results later. I'll probably drop the 25 to 20, just to be consistent, but trying to find the lowest amp fuse that works without burning out.

Went from this:
Poly Switch & Thermo Protector 2.jpg
Poly Switch & Thermo Protector 2.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 144 times
To this:
Fuses.JPG
Fuses.JPG (48.23 KiB) Viewed 144 times
I also emailed Peg Perego and they sent me some troubleshooting documents... looks like they want me to buy the upgraded poly switch.
Batmobile rehab CB question

The back soldering looks good. The connection is t[…]

Holy Batmobile! Awesome score!

Really thick plastic and well made. older car

Bigfoot 4x4x4

Thanks, that did the trick!

Thanks for posting the info and pictures. Unfortun[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course