KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
Hello from sunny/hot Arizona!

I'm still pouring through all the great information, suggested vendor links and solutions that fill other forum threads as not to be repetitive while my checklist of pending questions are slowly resolved! :D

Like any FREE projects, things go awry $ quickly! The Corvette C7 was a quick restoration/custom details for our 2.5yr old (and future use by our 7mo. Son too). A neighbor (who doesn't own a hammer or box cutter) asked if I could find a work dumpster for their kids Corvette that stopped working last year. A new battery, throttle switch and removal of the untouched Max Speed set screw brought huge smiles!

We are on our second Ford Raptor (2014, now a 2017) so the Power Wheels version was on the radar. Bulk Trash day here in Phoenix provided yet another FREE project. Working from home, not leaving anything stock and an assortment of Home Depot/Harbor Freight tools and questionable talent has morphed the latest project.

Going for a 'TactiCool' theme this time.... inspired by a past career, friends deployed with Oshkosh J-ATV's and a 'Helper' theme (my toddler says 'I, help(a)". Handmade wheel covers to simulated Military beadlocks, MOLLE panels made of wood on the scroll saw, plastic ammo cans, PVC bed cage/door handles/snorkel.... small button LED lights.... it's a few weeks and Summer trips away from completion.

Similar to past vehicles, even our RZR.... I most enjoy threads that personalize but also can add more usability to the atypical OEM offerings.

As a Dad of three boys.... perhaps it's also having both the time and finances to try and build what I would have dreamed of enjoying as a child? In turn I hope I can contribute any solutions/ideas to others in thanks for pending questions on the horizon for this Raptor's completion!

Iain -
Phoenix, AZ

Magnus Vette.jpg
Magnus Corvette C7
Magnus Vette.jpg (376.23 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Raptor 1.jpg
Raptor from Bulk Trash day
Raptor 1.jpg (899.11 KiB) Viewed 67 times
]
Raptor 2.jpg
Raptor 2.jpg (909.61 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Raptor 3.jpg