HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Anything that doesn't fit somewhere else & general forum updates
By jdm
I have a 8-9 year old Power Wheels Red Kawasaki KFX (with twist throttle for high speed) that my boys outgrew several years ago. It sat for at least 4-5 years. I now have a daughter ready to ride, so I'm trying it out with a new battery. Here are my problems... With the switch in forward position and the pedal pressed the wheels won't turn. If I do the same thing with the twist throttle activated one wheel will turn fast and the other stays stationary. No wheel movement in reverse at all.

**Notes: I've taken the forward/reverse switch apart and cleaned according to an old post found on mpw, it didn't look dirty or rusted at all when I removed it but I cleaned it anyway. I had bought a new foot pedal switch and it does the same thing whether using the old or new foot pedal.

Looking for some direction as to the source of the problem,
Thanks!

By TheFatMan
On my boys black kfx, its somewhat hidden in the right side under the gray plastic crap that the battery handle runs along...there is a small relay board that the motor wires hook to.... it looks like that does all the switching between series and parallel.....forward reverse... id check the motors individually with power for proper operation. if they check fine and your sure of the forward,reverse switch then id say its the relay board....
Last edited by TheFatMan on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By jdm
I know the part you're talking about. I saw that when following where all the wires go. I'll check the one motor by switching it to the other side I guess. That way I'll know if it's the motor or wiring/relay. Thanks for the info!
By jdm
Still can't get it to work. I tried a new pc board and forward reverse switch and still no movement in reverse at all and no forward motion unless twist throttle is engaged.

Again, right side motor only turns if twist throttle engaged with switch in forward position. Left side motor doesn't turn at all.

I've not tested the left side motor because it's connected with crimp connectors and don't want to cut the wires unless I know for sure the motor has failed. I can't find a place to put the ends to my voltmeter to test the motor either since it's crimp connected. However, I should still get movement out of the right side motor whether or not twist throttle is engaged shouldn't I? Both motors do not have to be working for basic forward movement to occur does it?

I'm also thinking it could be one of the connectors or wiring going to or from the pc board?? I can't get a reading at all on any of the connector ports (white plastic female ports) with my volt meter when I try to stick the node down into the metal slots. Is there a better way to test that?
By wired
You can connect a 12v battery straight to the tabs on the motor and it will tell you if the motor is bad or not. It sounds like t you either have a bad motor or a break in the low speed circuit. Check wire connections for corrosion or a broken tab/terminal.
Volts/ current regulator

A PWM ( pulse with modulator) will do the trick it[…]

Trailers

Sounds awesome! I just ordered everything to male[…]

Peg Perego axle diameter

The axle rod is 7/16. I just replaced one with a t[…]

Just converted a Peg Perego Gator and tractor to u[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course