KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new motors? Grind a gearbox? Adding teeth to a pinion?
By TwiZtedLogic
I have one of the older Safety 1st yellow racing Corvettes. A while back swapped it over to 24vdc, added an electric scooter controller, analog throttle, moved the stock discrete gas pedal over to the left side and wired that in as a brake, and some other modifications. Have been running on the stock motors/drive-train for a while and has been doing okay. Figured I'd let the little get comfortable with it on the original motors until they went out, which I knew was inevitable. A week or so ago one of the gearboxes started making noise, so I knew it was about time. Yesterday it finally gave out, so now we're only running on a single motor now.
I've started looking around at different gearboxes, however, it seems most of the "performance" ones or any of the ones I can find stronger parts for are the #7R gear boxes for PowerWheels. I am having a hard time coming up with any type of metal gearset or anything for the Safety First style box. My question is, without being too familiar with the #7R style gearbox, how similar is it to the Safety First box? From what I can tell from pictures, they both utilize the same idea, slide over a fixed axle, then spin a wheel with the hub. I've tried searching here and Google, but haven't found anywhere where someone has swapped the boxes out other than a few other people asking, but never receiving a response. Does anyone know if I can get a set of #7R boxes and a set of PowerWheel rear wheels and swap them over to the Safety First Vette? The little is a little bummed his car is a lot slower with just the one wheel drive now.

So one of the motors burned out on my kids Viper. […]

I have a Power Wheels Duner racer. I upgraded it t[…]

introduction

Hello everyone just getting into this new hobby an[…]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course