Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for 12v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 18v
So I have been looking for a Barbie Jeep for AGES and yesterday one just sort of fell into my path. The only problem is that she’s completely stripped down. No motors, no battery, missing a good deal of the plastic accessories, etc. I can’t bring myself to throw her out without trying to fix her up first.

I would like it to be strong enough to handle me (a 120 lb adult) without sacrificing any speed or off road ability. From what I’ve read, I would like to go with a 12v and a 6v in series and possibly some beefier motors as well.

My question is basically is there anywhere I can find full step by step rebuild instructions? I need her cleaned, mildly repaired, and fitted with new motors and batteries.

By wired
I would start with stock parts with lower gear ratio (no higher than 16t) and run at 18v. Since you are an adult, you can be trusted to start in low then shift to high to lessen gearbox pressure and avoid damage.
As parts start to fail you will know better what you will need. I weigh more than you and have run a mustang at 18v w stock parts with no problems. I drove through flat grassy yard and would race my daughter on her motorcycle running 12v and could outrun her. Just start out in low and shift into high after you are up and rolling. The mustang has 21t gearboxes. If you need parts just post an ad in the wanted section. Providing a pic of your jeep or a model number helps make sure you get the right parts. Model number will be on decal in battery compartment.
Thanks for the tip! Since I got it yesterday, I already have her pretty cleaned of dirt and dust and stripped the decals. I also made a custom seat since I’m not 3 feet tall~ My overall plan is to build a new hood and grill and carefully put velvet on the exterior (I’m skilled in fabric but not 100% on electronics). Either way, I may post progress here as it goes.

Why should the kids have all the fun! Used this o[…]

All good. 8-) We're here to support each other an[…]

If both motors are working in high gear, look for […]

The replacement motor gearbox combo may not be sui[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course